First and second Academic level, (bachelor and master) pre-preparatory and preparatory courses of the Milan Conservatory are accessed through an admission exam.
a) EU students and non-EU applicants regularly residing in Italy
- From 1 to 30 April 2022: registration to the entrance exams for all courses
- Last week of May: Italian test on-line for foreign students (check Language requirements for more info)
- First half of June: musical auditions in presence
b) Non-EU students requiring VISA*
c) Chinese Students (Turandot) pre-enrolled in a.y. 2020/21
- First half of June 2022: musical auditions in presence
- September 2022: Italian language test (only for successful applicants)
Check here whether you can submit directly your application or you need to pre-enroll.
Exams, programs & tests
All musical exams will take place in presence. The Italian Language test and the theoretical test of musical culture only, will take place on line.
Italian Language test for foreign students
Foreign candidates must take an Italian Language test.
The test will be organized on-line during the last week of May.
Dates and more information to be announced shortly.
Exemption is possible under specific conditions. >>> READ MORE
The entrance exams may include 2 tests:
- Instrumental assessment: compulsory for all study courses and transfers. Below are the links of the exam programs. These programs are also valid for transfers from other Italian Music Higher Education Institutions.
- A theoretical test of musical culture: compulsory for admissions only to the first preparatory level and first academic level (bachelor) courses except for exemption (see below). The contents of the test will be announced shortly.
For admissions to preparatory courses and first level academic courses both tests are compulsory, except for exemption (see below). Candidates who fail to participate in even one of the two tests will be dismissed.
Admission to pre-preparatory and second level academic courses (two years) does not include the theoretical test, but only the practical test.
Exemption from the theoretical test of music culture
Candidates for admission to first level preparatory and first academic level (bachelor) courses are exempt from the theoretical test of musical culture:
a) for admission to first level academic courses (three years):
- Candidates in possession of another I and / or II level academic diploma or the previous system
- candidates who have already passed the theoretical test of musical culture for admission to the academic year 2020/2021
b) for admission to preparatory courses:
- Candidates in possession of another first and / or second level academic diploma or the pre-reform system
- Candidates in possession of a propaedeutic or pre-academic (third level) certification exclusively issued by the Milan Conservatory, in “Rhythmic Theory and Music Perception” and / or in “Harmony Theory and Analysis”
Check this page for relevant information on admission exam fees and payment methods.